These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of our website, https://boingboing.info/
By using our Website, you accepted these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
License to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion and without notice.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential at all times.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of amounting to a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of any country or territory where it is or may be published or received.
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
be libellous or maliciously false;
be obscene or infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- be capable of amounting to a contempt of court;
- be in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- be in breach of any provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You agree to indemnify us, and our directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or suits or proceedings, as well as any resulting damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of our website, your violation of these terms and conditions or your violation of any laws or the rights of any third party during the use of the website.
No reliance on information
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided in these terms and conditions.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- take such other action as we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time.
The revised terms shall apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on our website.
We reserve the right to transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.